Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Enhancements to Scopus

Elsevier have introduced some enhancements to Scopus, their citation index. I'll discuss a couple of these in future posts when I've learnt more about them.

Actually, these might be not new at all, but I only just noticed them. One is the ability to make RSS feeds from Scopus searches and also to embed them on webpages. I've embedded a search for the most recent papers citing my work on my citations page on my website. To do this you'll need to register for both a username and password for ScienceDirect/Scopus and for the feeds. They are two different usernames for some reason. Both are free assuming that you have institutional access to Scopus. Then you need to be logged into to Scopus and do a search. Click on the orange RSS button and then follow instructions to create an embedded code.*

I think it would be great for a department or school to embed a Scopus search of their latest publications on their homepage.

* For ANU users, yes you need to be on campus for this to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment