Friday, January 11, 2013

First International Workshop on Econometric Applications in Climatology

There is a Call for Papers for the First International Workshop on Econometric Applications in Climatology to be held at the University of Guelph, Canada June 5-7, 2013. The deadline is 28 February.

It is interesting that there is enough activity in this space to hold a conference. It has definitely been attracting more and more attention. We - Robert Kaufmann and I - were pioneers in this area starting with our paper in Nature in 1997. Despite the relative success of this first paper I didn't find it an easy field to make much headway in and gave up on that line of inquiry around 2005-6. Robert persevered with some success. I now actually have a new paper in preparation. I hoep to get round to finishing it later this month. Maybe I should submit it to this conference?

No comments:

Post a Comment